Senior Vice Dean for Medical Education
Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania
- Critical Care Medicine
- Family Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- Physician Executive
- Surgery, General
The Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania invites applications for the position of Senior Vice Dean for Medical Education.
Founded in 1765, the Perelman School of Medicine (PSOM) is the oldest medical school in the United States and remains one of its finest. Rich in tradition, uncompromisingly committed to excellence in medical education, and endowed with gifted and dedicated faculty and trainees, it enjoys an international reputation for educational innovation. The School is committed to developing physicians and scientists who pursue careers of leadership and excellence in the professional areas of their choice, including clinical practice, academic medicine, biomedical research, teaching, health policy, bioethics, and health care delivery. The School approaches this mission from a position of strength that includes its range of education programs, its curriculum structure and design, its vast resources on a single campus, a state-of-the-art education facility opened in 2015, and its linkage to Penn Medicine, a major academic medical center renowned for clinical care, translational research, and NIH funding. As one of the nation’s top medical schools, the School’s manifest strengths present opportunities to achieve even greater preeminence.
The Senior Vice Dean (SVD) for Medical Education will serve as the primary institutional leader for the broad portfolio of medical educational programs in the PSOM and will report to the EVP/Dean of the PSOM. The SVD will directly oversee all aspects of medical education and will work collaboratively with other institutional leaders with primary responsibilities for other educational programs within the school. He/She will chair an education leadership council of institutional leaders with responsibilities for undergraduate medical education (MD degree), graduate medical education (GME), continuing medical education (CME), medical scientist training program (MSTP), biomedical graduate studies (PhD), postdoctoral programs, and multiple Master’s programs. Given the interdisciplinary nature of science, medicine, and education, there are opportunities to catalyze interactions among these educational programs and foster a culture of learning across the continuum of biomedical education.
Applicants must have a MD, and/or MD, PhD, and be a respected medical educator with a distinguished national/international record of accomplishment. Candidates should possess dynamic leadership skills, administrative expertise, and a clear commitment to – and excellence in – the education and mentorship of trainees. She/He must have the demonstrated ability to foster strong collaborations within a medical school and across a larger University community. The candidate should be able to articulate a compelling vision of the future of education at the PSOM, and the role of education in its tripartite mission. Fundraising ability is desirable. The candidate must be qualified for appointment as a full Professor in the Standing Faculty in the PSOM. The faculty appointment will be in a department that is consistent with the expertise of the successful candidate.
All interested applicants are invited to submit their curriculum vitae and letter of interest to the attention of Ezekiel J. Emanuel, MD, PhD, Chair of the Search Committee for the Senior Vice Dean for Medical Education. Apply for this position online at: https://www.med.upenn.edu/apps/faculty_ad/index.php/g/d4589
We seek candidates who embrace and reflect diversity in the broadest sense.
The University of Pennsylvania is an EOE. Minorities/ Women/ Individuals with disabilities/ Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Senior Vice President Jobs
- View more Critical Care Medicine Jobs
- View more Family Medicine Jobs
- View more Internal Medicine Jobs
- View more Physician Executive Jobs
- View more Surgery, General Jobs
- View more Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania Jobs
View More Jobs in Philadelphia, PA:
- View more jobs in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Senior Vice President jobs in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Critical Care Medicine jobs in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Family Medicine jobs in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Internal Medicine jobs in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Physician Executive jobs in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Surgery, General jobs in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania jobs in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
View More Jobs in PA:
- View more jobs in Pennsylvania
- Senior Vice President jobs in Pennsylvania
- Critical Care Medicine jobs in Pennsylvania
- Family Medicine jobs in Pennsylvania
- Internal Medicine jobs in Pennsylvania
- Physician Executive jobs in Pennsylvania
- Surgery, General jobs in Pennsylvania
- Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania jobs in Pennsylvania