Sign In
 [New User? Sign Up]
Mobile Version

Physician (IM/FP)

California Correctional Health Care Services

Blythe, California 92225
Work Type:
Job Status:
Full Time
2nd Shift
  • Family Medicine
  • Internal Medicine
California Correctional Health Care Services
  • Save Ad
  • Email Friend
  • Print
  • Research Salary

Job Details

What kind of Doctor works in Corrections?
The kind who wants off the HMO treadmill.

Physician (IM/FP) - $258,204 starting annual (Time-Limited Board Certified); $245,268 starting annual (Lifetime Board Certified)

You became a doctor to practice medicine… but now working in an HMO, you’re finding more emphasis is placed on RVUs, combating insurance companies, and how many patients you can see, diagnose, and treat in an hour.

At California Correctional Health Care Services, our doctors have left the HMO treadmill and are now able to spend time with their diverse patient panel, averaging 12-15 patients per day; hone their diagnostic skills and develop treatment plans for both primary and intermediate acute care; and practice quality medicine in a multidisciplinary, collaborative setting.  So what kind of doctor works in corrections?  Doctors just like you.

We currently have opportunities at Chuckawalla Valley State Prison located in Blythe.  This friendly desert community is an outdoor recreational wonderland, with access to almost 95 miles of navigable water for boating, fishing, and water skiing and 350 days of sunshine to enjoy golfing, tennis, and hiking.  The upscale enclaves of La Quinta, Palm Desert, and Palm Springs make an attractive home base for many of Ironwood State Prison’s physicians and their families.

Our competitive compensation package includes:

  • 40-hour workweek
  • Retirement (pension) that vests in five years
  • Paid insurance, license, and DEA renewal
  • Visa sponsorship opportunities
  • Paid CME with paid time off to attend
  • And much more

Take the first step in joining this outstanding multidisciplinary team and contact Norman Franklin, Recruiter at (916) 691-6152 or  EOE.

You may also apply online at

Job Seeker Login

My Career Center

With an account, you can save your CV and search alerts in one place, then apply to positions of interest as soon as they become available.

Create An Account