Veterans Health Administration
The Charlie Norwood VA Medical Center located in Augusta Georgia is searching for a BC/BE Ophthalmologist with fellowship training in medical and/or surgical treatment of retinal disease to join their dynamic healthcare team.
- Physician must have completed an ACGME residency and is Board Certified or eligible
- Physician must have completed formal retina fellowship (medical or surgical)
- Additional clinical practice and participation in call for comprehensive ophthalmology will also be expected
- Ideal candidate will have experience in teaching and supervision of Medical Students and Residents
- Academic appointment and participation in academic programs related to the ophthalmology residency at our adjacent university affiliate is encouraged, but not required.
- Research involvement and support through the VA and GRU will be encouraged, but is not required.
- Experience and interest in teaching ACGME ophthalmology residents
- Academic appointment and part time work at academic affiliate, Medical College of Georgia available if desired.
- Willingness to perform some comprehensive ophthalmology in addition to retina is preferred
- Board certification in Ophthalmology
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support in accordance with American Heart Association
Salary Range: Up to $348,000 per year
Work Hours: 8am-4:30pm Monday-Friday
Recruitment/Relocation incentive may be authorized for a highly qualified candidate
Selected applicant may be eligible for education loan assistance thru the Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP). Participation is based on funds availability.
Citizenship: U.S Citizenship is required (Noncitizens may be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens). Education: Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine.
Licensure: Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
English Language Proficiency: Applicants appointed to direct patient care positions must be proficient in spoken and written English.
Benefits: VA offers a comprehensive benefits package. This link provides is an overview of the benefits currently offered: http://www.vacareers.va.gov/why-choose-va/benefits/index.asp.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Ophthalmologist Jobs
- View more Ophthalmology Jobs
- View more Veterans Health Administration Jobs