- Critical Care Medicine
The eICU physician is an individual with specialized training and expertise in critical care who will provide added support to the Inova Health System critically ill patients. The eICU physician is expected to provide early intervention and ongoing proactive care with the goal to support the bedside clinical staff, in order to decrease ICU related morbidity and mortality. In addition, the eICU physician is expected to exercise appropriate clinical judgment and expertise, in concert with Inova's standards and protocols for care, as well as care that is evidenced-based, expeditious, cost-effective, compassionate and consistent with the standards of modern medicine. The eICU physician's role is supportive of the clinical bedside staff; and, the patient's primary attending, and consultants, retain ultimate responsibility and authority for the patient as specified in the medical staff bylaws.
- Graduation from an ACGME approved residency and fellowship.
- Active or eligible for Virginia medical license and Federal Drug Enforcement Agency license
- Staff privileges at all Inova hospitals for which coverage is being provided - to be completed as part of application process.
- Current ACLS certification
- Board certification in Critical Care Medicine
- 4+ years of bedside clinical experience