Chief Academic Officer
- Physician Executive
Cone Health is an integrated not-for-profit network of health care providers serving people in Guilford, Forsyth, Rockingham, Alamance, Randolph, Caswell and surrounding counties. Our tagline - "The Network for Exceptional Care" - highlights our commitment to excellence, which is shared by our more than 11,000 employees, 1,300 physicians and 1,200 volunteers. As one of the region's largest and most comprehensive health networks, Cone Health has more than 100 locations, including six hospitals, three ambulatory care centers, three outpatient surgery centers, four urgent care centers, a retirement community, more than 100 physician practice sites and multiple centers of excellence. For more info, visit: http://www.conehealth.com/
The Chief Academic Officer is responsible for the leadership and direction of operations of medical education across Cone Health to ensure achievement of established goals and objectives and to provide quality, educational experiences. This position is also responsible for achievement of established goals and objectives across the Greensboro AHEC region and serving at the statewide level as the Executive Director of Greensboro AHEC.
• MD or DO
• At least ten years of progressive experience within medical education in a multi-program institution and experience in a leadership role.
• Licensed by North Carolina Medical Board. Appropriate Board Certification. Other professional associations.
• Ability to effectively build, positive, constructive relationships. Demonstrated past leadership accomplishments and expertise in decision making and analytic skills, Assertive and encouraging communication style. Motivates and inspires others to achieve mutually beneficial relationships and the highest performance standards. Diplomatic while being decisive.
• Ability to gain respect from program director, physicians, administration and staff. Effective team builder and very skilled in developing effective relationships with multiple constituencies, including medical staff, employees, state and community leaders and other organizations.
• Ability to read and communicate through written and oral means. Operate motor vehicle for necessary travel. Ability to demonstrate Cone Health values.
Grant Cooper has been exclusively retained to conduct this recruitment: https://grantcooper.com/job/president-chief-medical-officer/For a complete position description and to apply, contact: