Associate Research Director, Emergency Medicine
- Critical Care Medicine
- Emergency Medicine
- Surgery, General
- Other Specialty
The University of Maryland School of Medicine is seeking an established physician investigator to serve as Associate Director of Research, Emergency Medicine. Specifically, this leader should have a strong history of external funding and possess the ability to develop and sustain ongoing collaborative relationships with research leadership throughout the department and the School of Medicine. In addition, this leader will establish and sustain an externally funded individual research program consistent with the Department and School of Medicine's vision, assist in recruitment, serve as a mentor, participate in national meetings, and enhance research opportunities.
The Department of Emergency Medicine at the University of Maryland has approximately 75 faculty members and 49 residents. These physicians treat 182,000 patients each year across 5 clinical sites. Known as speakers in professional and national forums, they have also contributed more than 500 journal articles and book chapters to the medical literature since the 1980s, as well as textbooks on electrocardiography and forensic emergency medicine. The department’s growing and dynamic research program offers opportunities for individual initiatives as well as collaborative projects with other departments on campus.
- MD or MD/PhD is required.
- Strong history of federal grant support, including sustained NIH funding.
- Accomplished academic record sufficient to fulfill the University of Maryland criteria for associate professor or professor level faculty appointment.
The University of Maryland, Baltimore is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Associate Director Clinical Research Jobs
- View more Anesthesiology Jobs
- View more Critical Care Medicine Jobs
- View more Emergency Medicine Jobs
- View more Surgery, General Jobs
- View more Other Specialty Jobs
- View more Grant Cooper Jobs
View More Jobs in Baltimore, MD:
- View more jobs in Baltimore, Maryland
- Associate Director Clinical Research jobs in Baltimore, Maryland
- Anesthesiology jobs in Baltimore, Maryland
- Critical Care Medicine jobs in Baltimore, Maryland
- Emergency Medicine jobs in Baltimore, Maryland
- Surgery, General jobs in Baltimore, Maryland
- Other Specialty jobs in Baltimore, Maryland
- Grant Cooper jobs in Baltimore, Maryland